Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #8: Pods by Michelle Pickett

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Synopsis (from GoodReads)

Seventeen-year-old Eva is a chosen one. Chosen to live, while others meet a swift and painful death from an incurable virus so lethal, a person is dead within days of symptoms emerging. In the POD system, a series of underground habitats built by the government, she waits with the other chosen for the deadly virus to claim those above. Separated from family and friends, it’s in the PODs she meets David. And while true love might not conquer all, it’s a balm for the broken soul.

After a year, scientists believe the population has died, and without living hosts, so has the virus. That’s the theory, anyway. But when the PODs are opened, survivors find the surface holds a vicious secret. The virus mutated, infecting those left top-side and creating... monsters.

Eva and David hide from the infected in the abandoned PODs. Together they try to build a life--a new beginning. But the infected follow and are relentless in their attacks. Leaving Eva and David to fight for survival, and pray for a cure.
June 4th 2013

I hate to admit this, but from the cover alone I wouldn't have chosen to read the synopsis -__-. Thankfully I've been seeing this book around quite a lot and read the synopsis and I actually think it sounds pretty awesome! I wouldn't mind another zombie book (: hahah.

12 comments:

  1. This does sound intriguing :) I am now looking forward to getting my hands on a copy but Woah! June 2013! That's a lot of time but you know we can wait ;) Great pick, thanks for sharing <3
    xoxo, Mariam @Book-A-Holic

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome! I've never heard of this book til now but it will definitely become a part of my tbr pile! Thanks for sharing and for commenting on my WoW post! *new follower*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh so you're definitely right about the cover. If I had browsed past this I wouldn't have read the synopsis. It actually sounds pretty interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just added this to my to read list. Sounds great! There's a lot of info in that summary lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I put this on my TBR a while back. I looked at the synopsis after seeing the cover... I guess photos don't put me off as much as bad graphics, lol. I hate how we find out about interesting books so far ahead though.. I understand it builds the anticipation, but June 2013? That's just torture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah, this will probably give me the worst nightmares - and I'm going to love it! Mhm...I was curious when I saw the cover but after reading the synopsis it definitely made more sense :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is actually the first time I've heard of Pods but it sounds great! I love reading zombie books, but unfortunately I haven't stumbled across many good ones. Do you have any recommendations? I'm hoping Pods will be good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds amazing! The cover's a little ehh... but the blurb definitely sound interesting.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really excited about this one as well! I am a real sucker for end-of-the-world novels. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have Pods in by TRB list too! It sounds really good, great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been keeping an eye on this one for a while now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, yeah, the summary is awesome :D Kind of liking the cover. Maybe. Hope you'll love this book ;)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I really appreciate every single one of them and try my best to reply to them all (: