Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (#7): Taken by Erin Bowman

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Synopsis (from GoodReads)

There are no men in Claysoot. There are boys—but every one of them vanishes at midnight on his eighteenth birthday. The ground shakes, the wind howls, a blinding light descends...and he’s gone.

They call it the Heist.

Gray Weathersby’s eighteenth birthday is mere months away, and he’s prepared to meet his fate–until he finds a strange note from his mother and starts to question everything he’s been raised to accept: the Council leaders and their obvious secrets. The Heist itself. And what lies beyond the Wall that surrounds Claysoot–a structure that no one can cross and survive.

Climbing the Wall is suicide, but what comes after the Heist could be worse. Should he sit back and wait to be taken–or risk everything on the hope of the other side?
Expected publication: April 16th 2013 by HarperTeen

This one definitely sounds interesting to me so I am looking forward to it for sure! Sucks that it's release date is not until next year though! >.< What are you waiting on this Wednesday? (:

22 comments:

  1. I really want to read this one too. The summary sounds great AND I love, love that cover. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent pick! this was my WoW last week :) it sounds amazing.

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-4th-july.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am dying to read this one. Awesome pick this week ;)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pick! I've been looking forward to this book as well.


    My Wednesday MEME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The good thing about this is that it sounds so different. Good choice!

    My WoW

    (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, this sounds AWESOME. I added it to my wishlist last night, and can't wait to read it! I adore the cover as well, despite it having people on it. Eep!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good one! Love that cover :) Adding this to my TBR list. great pick Kim!


    My WoW

    Ana♥ Beach Bum Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one has such a pretty cover and it sounds really good too! Great Pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely sounds intriguing. Kind of reminds me of The Knife of Never Letting Go. Thanks for sharing!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks super amazing! I will definitely be adding this to my TBR :D Thanks so much for sharing! Thanks for stopping by my WOW also!

    New Follower!

    Kayla @ Bengal Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great, adding to my TBR!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks awesomem I can't wait for it to come out.

    My WOW and international giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds really good. I'm adding it to my tbr. Thanks for sharing.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw the cover reveal and I knew I had to have it - love that cover. It sounds very interesting as well!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Kim @ A Dutchie on Books

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want this one too! And that cover is amaizng!:))

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want this one too! I've seen it around quite a bit. It's very popular! :)

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature

    ReplyDelete
  17. Squeee! I love that this sounds so completely different from every other dystopia out there! To be honest, I hadn't actually read the summary before (I tend to have that problem a lot haha) but it sounds absolutely amazing! And what? It's told from a male's perspective? GAH I WANT! There are hardly enough male POV's out there :/ Fantastic pick and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woah, what a great - unique - story idea! I'm already so excited for it! Although April 2013 - that's an incredibly long time to wait!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds really good and I love that cover! Such a long wait, though! Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that cover. and the plot sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, great blog! I'm a new follower and would love a follow back!

    Candace

    http://endlessdaysofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I really appreciate every single one of them and try my best to reply to them all (: