Friday, July 13, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday #7

Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by ParaJunkee & Alison Can Read. The purpose is to meet new people and gain more followers in the book blogging community.
Follow Friday question this week:

Q: Q: What drove you to start book blogging in the first place?

I've always been someone who has had an interest in the blogging community. The first time I started it was in the design community. I had a good run there for a couple of years and ended up with quite a lot of loyal followers. The thing was, I was really young when I started that and so were a lot of my fellow bloggers, and over time people moved on and it just got lonely. I closed it down and just started posting designs on websites live LiveJournal and design forums instead. And now... I barely do it anymore and I really wish I hadn't stopped because even though I was younger back then... I was SO much better. Anyways... I tried so many times to find new blogging communities. I gave the whole personal blog thing a try but I don't know, I think I started on the wrong side of the web and didn't find people who I could relate with and make it worth while. I gave beauty a try but found that even though I do like makeup and fashion... I wasn't truly passionate about it. I came across a fitness and health community on tumblr (which I am actually apart of now), but until I am happier with my lifestyle and body, I can't make it what I'd like it to be... yet...

[Skip to this if you don't like reading my ramble... hahah]
Then one day... I found a series called The Hunger Games... I read it, fell in love with it and went on a search for as many books that were thought to be similar. That's when I stumbled across the book blogging community. This is when I got back into reading. I found a whole lot of books that I wanted to read and I loved some and hated some. I found myself giving verbal reviews of the books to so many real life people but frankly, no one cared... it was easy to find people to talk about TV shows or movies with, but I wanted people who I could talk about books with! Then I remembered the book blogging community I had come across... and I guess that's where it all started :D 

13 comments:

  1. Great answer!

    I am a new follower, thanks for following me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Answer! We do have the best community out there ;)
    Stopping through with my My FF!
    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh design?! That is really cool! I too used to do it a lot more but not anymore... Definitely trying to get back into it and learn new things because it is pretty fun. Only thing is, it takes up a lot of time and these days time is something I don't have a lot of...

    Haha was there more to the end of that last paragraph?

    The Hunger Games is the book that got me back into reading as well. I am so glad for it! Have you read Divergent yet? I'm dying to read your review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read it! I really enjoyed it too (: I definitely need to get on to a review for that!

      Delete
  4. Great answer!
    I had the same problem. None of my friends wanted to talk about books so I started blogging.
    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing the roads that lead us where we were always meant to go, isn't it? My FF is at lkhill.blogspot.com or musingsonfantasia.blogspot.com! Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So... The HUnger Games huh? Thats funny. You know, no matter what everyone else says the answer is... I would be willing to bet that EVERY SINGLE one of us started blogging because of a specific book!!!

    Great answer
    and Im an Old follower-
    Theresamjones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I definitely understand about not being able to talk to people about books! Most of my friends love to talk movies & t.v. series instead, but I rarely watch one or the other, LOL. Glad you decided to join the book blogging community. I enjoy stopping by your blog (which is awesome) and reading your opinions! Old follower :0) My FF is here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my FF post! I'm an old follower :) Have a awesomesauce weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's quite a journey! But I actually considered fashion and beauty first, too. I still check some of those blogs and vlogs out but I get tired of discussing liosticks for too long while discussing books...well..no problem there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh very interesting ! ( Your blog is absolutely stunning btw ) I'm a new follower (:
    Here is my FF :
    http://cheerfulreviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-follow.html
    Thanks (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the Friday Follow! I'm a little slow to catch up, but love finding everyone's blogs. Yours is great! I followed on GFC and Twitter.
    My blog is http://www.book-matters.com/
    Hope you'll stop by!
    Thanks, Teri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I really appreciate every single one of them and try my best to reply to them all (: