Friday, July 6, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday #6

Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by ParaJunkee & Alison Can Read. The purpose is to meet new people and gain more followers in the book blogging community.
Follow Friday question this week:

Q: Jumping Genres: Ever pick up a book from a genre you usually don't like and LOVE it? Tell us about it and why you picked it up in the first place.

Before I really got back into reading I was more of a contemporary / romance sort of girl, though I also enjoyed vampire type books. Back then Sci-Fi, Dystopia, Fantasy didn't interest me at all! The first book I read around those genres was The Hunger Games which I absolutely loved, then went on to read the rest of the series. At this point I had found my love for Dystopian books. I then went on to read Poison Study (even though it didn't interest me much at all) and found that I really enjoyed that book too! Now I had an appreciation for the whole fantasy genre. It's funny thinking about it now. Three genres that I used to have no interest for are now my top go-to genres. haha.

16 comments:

  1. Hopping through. I was a contemp person until Twilight and Harry Potter. Now I read a lot of fantasy and paranormal. I loved Poison Study.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old follower hopping through. I'm kinda the same in that I use to shy away from Fantasy/Dystopia kinda books before reading some that I really enjoyed. I still can't get into Sci-Fi though. If you have any good Sci-Fi recs send them my way! I'm always looking for new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's great that you branched out! Just think of all those potentially great reads you would've missed out on if you hadn't. I read everything and anything, lol.

    I'm a new follower. You can find my FF here.

    BTW, does your blog ever get confused with The Paper Planes? Just wondering, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it does! hahah. Why's that?

      Delete
  4. It took me awhile to appreciate dystopia as well. Great answer!

    My FF :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely wasn't into Fantasy until I read Harry Potter, and I always wanted to read Poison Study.

    MyFF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy Dystopia every now and then. I have Poison Study on my TBR

    new follower via Linky

    -Amanda P
    Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Hunger Games is AMAZING - and the dystopian genre is my favourite! :D

    New follower!! Follow back? Here's my post. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Hunger Games is what DEFINITELY opened me up to dystopian. Before it just sounded like I would be sad and depressed the whole time.

    Great Choice!
    Old Follower.

    Happy Reading,
    Becky @ Book Bite Reviews
    http://bookbitereviews.blogspot.com/2012/07/follow-friday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Following back!

    The Hunger Games is so good, it's been a wonderful gateway drug into YA Sci-Fi :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for the Hunger Games! And I really need to read the Poison Study, since everyone seems to love it.

    Thanks for stopping by and following my blog! I followed ya back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll have to look up Poison Study. I've never heard of it. I love how our answers are so similar. The Hungers Games was our gateway dystopian lol. Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Hunger Games has turned so many people! It was Delirium by Lauren Oliver that got me loving dystopian.<3

    Great pick, new GFC follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read hunger games, i know, its shameless but i haven't gotten around to reading the series. Great pick though. check out mine:
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-76.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had no interest in dystopian before I picked up The Hunger Games as well! Now I love it and can't seem to read enough of that genre!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do love dystopians and the great imagination these authors have :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I really appreciate every single one of them and try my best to reply to them all (: