Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (#4): The Foresaken + Level 2

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

Synopsis (from GoodReads)

As an obedient orphan of the U.N.A. (the super-country that was once Mexico, the U.S., and Canada), Alenna learned at an early age to blend in and be quiet—having your parents taken by the police will do that to a girl. But Alenna can’t help but stand out when she fails a test that all sixteen-year-olds have to take: The test says she has a high capacity for brutal violence, and so she is sent to The Wheel, an island where all would-be criminals end up.

The life expectancy of prisoners on The Wheel is just two years, but with dirty, violent, and chaotic conditions, the time seems a lot longer as Alenna is forced to deal with civil wars for land ownership and machines that snatch kids out of their makeshift homes. Desperate, she and the other prisoners concoct a potentially fatal plan to flee the island. Survival may seem impossible, but Alenna is determined to achieve it anyway
July 10th 2012 by Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers

Synopsis (from GoodReads)

Since her untimely death the day before her eighteenth birthday, Felicia Ward has been trapped in Level 2, a stark white afterlife located between our world and the next. Along with her fellow prisoners, Felicia passes the endless hours downloading memories and mourning what she’s lost—family, friends, and the boy she loved, Neil.

Then a girl in a neighboring chamber disappears, and nobody but Felicia seems to recall she existed in the first place. Something is obviously very wrong. When Julian—a dangerously charming guy Felicia knew in life—comes to offer Felicia a way out, she learns the truth: a rebellion is brewing to overthrow the Morati, the guardians of Level 2.

Felicia is reluctant to trust Julian, but then he promises what she wants the most—to be with Neil again—if only she’ll join the rebels. Suspended between Heaven and Earth, Felicia finds herself in the center of an age-old struggle between good and evil. As memories from her life come back to haunt her, and as the Morati hunt her down, Felicia will discover it’s not just her own redemption at stake… but the salvation of all mankind.
January 15th 2013 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers 
 
Foresaken is another Dystopian, and no I'm not sick of them yet so yes, I am quite excited for this one! It reminds me a tiny bit of The Hunger Games too (: The first time I heard of Level 2 was on the blog of the author who I believe is a book blogger also. It caught my interest straight away and I'm looking forward to it's release next year :P

What are you waiting on this Wednesday? (:

25 comments:

  1. I saw Level 2 once already, so it must be quite popular :)

    Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for those books, too!
    my WoW post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... haven't heard of these two. Must keep my eyes out of it. Great picks! :D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  4. People were talking about Level 2 a few days ago on twitter and I felt so out of the loop. I really like the sound of it. Adding to my list.

    Thanks for sharing.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these books are ones I want to read, such great choices.

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would've want to read Level 2 solely because she's a great book blogger, but it also sounds fascinating!
    And the Forsaken reminds me of the Hunger Games (in a good way), so of course I think it looks amazing.

    Kim @ A Dutchie on Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Level 2 sounds AWESOME! I added it to my TBR last week, but I'm glad to see it getting so much attention. Great picks!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW post! Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOOOOME PICKS! I'm really excited to read those books. :))

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these covers are awesome! I haven't heard of either one, more books to add to my ever growing TBR list. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Picks! I really want to read Level 2, it sounds awesome! :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not heard of either book, but I will definitely have to check these out. Thank you for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The retro feel to The Forsaken is really odd, I'm not sure if I like it! I really want Level 2 though, it sounds really unique.

    ComaCalm's WoW Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have both of those books on my TBR! I can't wait until they come out. Great picks this week and thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both books that I'm looking forward to already!! They look fantastic. And those covers! Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Interesting picks - Foresaken sounds really unique, and the cover is really different!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW earlier. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome picks! I can't wait for Level 2, and it has such a kickass cover!
    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never heard of these books but now I'm glad I have. They sound like really interesting books. Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my blog! (:

    -Raechel @ Backwood Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha, Level 2 seems to be on everyone's TBR list right now! I do understand why, though! It sounds very fresh and different :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahh, I can't wait for Level 2! Lenore is such an amazing blogger that I'm sure this book is going to be made of awesome! The Forsaken also sounds really amazing and I have an insane love for the cover, it's so lovely and artistic! Great picks and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I featured Forsaken awhile ago. And I'm so excited to read it and I'm dying to read Level 2. :D

    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love the unique spin Level 2 has put on the afterlife of sorts. Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving the spin on level 2,think i will have to give that a whirl.
    Great picks there, thanks for sharing :) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, what a WoW! Those covers are EPIC! I love them. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am now a new follower!

    Kelley Lee
    Reading to Stay Alive

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you soooo much for featuring LEVEL 2!! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I really appreciate every single one of them and try my best to reply to them all (: