Sunday, June 10, 2012

On My Wishlist #3

This is a weekly event, originally created by Book Chick City and now hosted at Cosy Up Book Reviews, where we showcase the books which are currently top of our wishlists. Old, new or yet to be released titles are all welcome.

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . . Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make—between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?

Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart.
I've heard some really great things about this series. It wasn't that high on my to-read list though until I read a review by MissBookReview, so I definitely intend on picking this up really soon.

What's on your wishlist?

10 comments:

  1. YESSSS! You HAVE to read this! This is like one of my favorite books of all time haha :P Seriously, it's the best love-triangle I've ever read about, not to mention it beats every other angel book I've read by far. And it gets even better but sooo much more heartbreaking with Hallowed! I really can't wait for you to read this, Kim! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh so I haven’t read Hallowed yet but I definitely need to get a move on!

      Delete
    2. Okay... I'm totally convinced now. haha. As long as my card doesn't decline, I will be placing an order on The Book Depository . Unfortunately they don't have the cover I want but I'll live... lol

      Delete
    3. Don't you hate it when you can't get the cover you want? Sometimes I wait to see if I can but then the book store sell all the books and take ages to get them back in stock...

      Delete
    4. Can't wait for you to read Hallowed, Jordan! I cried, literally :S

      AND NOOOOO! KIM! I hate it when you can't get the cover you want, especially when you've already got a particular series with a particular set of covers already :/ But ah well, all the Unearthly covers are pretty anyway haha! Though the AU/NZ one is definitely the prettiest ;)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this series yet but I know everyone loves it. I just can't seem to get excited about it, but if I ever come across a copy I might just pick it up :)

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh so I'm glad I've encouraged someone to read a book I love! I really hope you like it, when I read this book I had just finished reading Fallen by Lauren Kate which in my opinion I thought was one of the most terrible books I have ever read, so I had extremely low expectations for angel books. So when I picked this up it felt so refreshing to read something that was written well that I instantly loved it!

    Can't wait to read your review when you get it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems as though every review I read on Fallen is really bad. Before I actually started reading the reviews though I was going to read it too but I probably won't now. Can't wait to read Unearthly though :D What got me is that you said it might be your new fav series! lol.

      Delete
    2. Hmm I keep hearing all over the book blogging community lately that the Fallen series was amazing (Much to my surprise). This made me wonder if the second book got way, way, way, WAY better... So I'm going to attempt to read the second book in the next few weeks... It actually feels painful thinking about it :/

      Unearthly made Cynthia Hand one of my favourite authors, which of course means that any other book she brings out that I like the sound of I will automatically buy and hope for the best. I'm hoping I will still love the series once I read Hallowed!

      Delete
    3. Oh dear, I swear Torment was even worse than Fallen, Jordon! D: There was actually no plot at all and Luce's whining was really very cringe-worthy *shivers* It did get better in the short story she released earlier this year "Fallen in Love" but Passion was... pretty bad as well. I've heard that Rapture is the series saving grace though so since I've pretty much read all her books so far, I guess I'll have to finish this series and be done with it! But I wish you luck when start Torment---you'll need it XD

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I really appreciate every single one of them and try my best to reply to them all (: