Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#3): Throne Of Glass + Dualed

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 

Synopsis (from GoodReads)

After serving out a year of hard labor in the salt mines of Endovier for her crimes, 18-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien is dragged before the Crown Prince. Prince Dorian offers her her freedom on one condition: she must act as his champion in a competition to find a new royal assassin.

Her opponents are men—thieves and assassins and warriors from across the empire, each sponsored by a member of the kings council. If she beats her opponents in a series of eliminations, she’ll serve the kingdom for three years and then be granted her freedom.

Celaena finds her training sessions with the captain of the guard, Westfall, challenging and exhilirating. But she’s bored stiff by court life. Things get a little more interesting when the prince starts to show interest in her... but it’s the gruff Captain Westfall who seems to understand her best.

Then one of the other contestants turns up dead... quickly followed by another. Can Celaena figure out who the killer is before she becomes a victim? As the young assassin investigates, her search leads her to discover a greater destiny than she could possibly have imagined.
August 7th 2012 by Bloomsbury USA Children's

Synopsis (from GoodReads)

The city of Kersh is a safe haven, but the price of safety is high. Everyone has a genetic Alternate—a twin raised by another family—and citizens must prove their worth by eliminating their Alts before their twentieth birthday. Survival means advanced schooling, a good job, marriage—life.

Fifteen-year-old West Grayer has trained as a fighter, preparing for the day when her assignment arrives and she will have one month to hunt down and kill her Alt. But then a tragic misstep shakes West’s confidence. Stricken with grief and guilt, she’s no longer certain that she’s the best version of herself, the version worthy of a future. If she is to have any chance of winning, she must stop running not only from her Alt, but also from love . . . though both have the power to destroy her.
February 26th 2013 by Random House 
 
The first book I have chosen is Throne of Glass which appears to be a historical fiction with a kick-ass female lead. I don't read a whole lot of historical fiction but this one definitely catches my interest! It reminds me a little bit of Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder which I loved! The second book I have chosen is Dualed, which I'm sure a lot of other are also waiting on. It sounds amazing and I can't wait to read it! Unfortunately it's release date is for next year ):

What are you waiting on this Wednesday? (:

24 comments:

  1. Nice picks! I am especially excited about Dualed.

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-30th-may.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dualed was my pick for next week ;) Great choice!
    MYWOW
    Happy Waiting on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read both of these especially Dualed, great picks, thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dualed might be a long way from here, but it sure sounds worth waiting for! Very great pick! Throne of Glass has been going around a lot lately, and I think it rubbed off on me. ;)
    Thanks for sharing and stepping by! My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both these books are on my considering list. Throne of Glass has been mentioned quite a lot and I am definitely intrigued.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I love your picks! Dualed sounds like my cup of tea and Throne of Glass has already been on my wishlist. :)

    Come stop by my WOW? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes great picks! This should be called "the kick-butt edition". I am really excited about these two books and I can't wait for them to come out. Amazing picks girl!!! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had the same pick for Throne of Glass! For Dualed, I'm a little more wary because there's quite a bit that can go wrong with that idea. I'll wait until the book starts getting out to people and some trusted bloggers read it before I make any decisions on reading Dualed for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've got the first one on my list as well. Haven't heard of the 2nd, but it sounds good as well! Here is my WOW:
    http://misclisa.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-bea-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks, they both sound really intersting :)

    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah I have to start reading throne soon. Great picks. Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks! Both awesome books. Especially can't wait for Throne of Glass :D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kim, thanks so very much for making DUALED your WoW this week! It's very exciting to hear so many readers are looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. DUALED Looks soooooooo good! I can't freaking wait for it, I totally almost picked it for my wow as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a physical review copy of Throne of Glass that I'm happily waving in people's faces - give me credit, I'm English and we barely ever get the big ARC's! The inside is beautiful, the chapter headers and everything is perfect. I keep picking it up off my shelf just to flick through a couple of pages!

    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  16. Throne of Glass was my pick for today's WoW on my blog as well! So ofcourse I think that's a great pick :)
    I'm very intrigued by Dualed's cover, there are so many details.

    Kim@A Dutchie on Books

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everyone seems to be excited about Throne of Glass! I wasn't at first, but oh, the peer pressure is killing me.
    Dualed sounds really wonderful too. Great picks this week.
    Thank you for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab WoW!! This one sounds really interesting...

    * New follower

    Best wishes

    Debs

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been seeing these two books this month and I agree, they sound amazing.

    Thanks for stopping by. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohh Throne of Glass sounds really interesting. So does Dualed, Dualed sounds like a new premise. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohh Throne of Glass sounds really interesting. So does dualed, the premise of dualed sounds so new! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both of these sound sooo good!! I can't wait to read them! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello! Thanks for checking out mine :) I have Throne of Glass and cannot wait to read it! I loved the Study series. Dualed sounds so good, I can't wait for that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I really appreciate every single one of them and try my best to reply to them all (: