Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #02: Eve & Adam + What's Left Of Me

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 


Synopsis (from GoodReads)

Sixteen-year-old Evening Spiker lives an affluent life in San Francisco with her mother, EmmaRose, a successful geneticist and owner of Spiker Biotech. Sure, Evening misses her father who died mysteriously, but she’s never really questioned it. Much like how she’s never stopped to think how off it is that she’s never been sick. That is, until she’s struck by a car and is exposed to extensive injuries. Injuries that seem to be healing faster than physically possible.

While recuperating in Spiker Biotech’s lush facilities, she meets Solo Plissken, a very attractive, if off-putting boy her age who spent his life at Spiker Biotech. Like Evening, he’s never questioned anything... until now. Solo drops hints to Evening that something isn’t right, and Emma-Rose may be behind it. Evening puts this out of her mind and begins her summer internship project: To simulate the creation of the perfect boy. With the help of Solo, Evening uncovers secrets so big they could change the world completely.
Expected publication: October 2nd 2012 by Feiwel & Friends



Synopsis (from GoodReads)

(UK SUMMARY)
Eva and Addie live in a world where everyone is born with two souls, but where only the dominant one is allowed to survive childhood. Fifteen years old, and closer even than twins, the girls are keeping Eva, the ‘second soul’, a secret. They know that it’s forbidden to be hybrid, but how could they ever be apart?

When a dramatic event reveals what really happens to hybrids if they are discovered, Eva and Addie face a dangerous fight for survival, neither wanting to be the one left behind…

-------------------------------------

(US SUMMARY)
Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t…

For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable–hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet…for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything.  
Expected publication: September 18th 2012 by Harper 
 
I've chosen two this week. First is Eve & Adam, which sounds like a very interesting take of Adam and Eve in the modern world. I've heard pretty good reviews on this so far so I'm looking forward to reading it!

Then there is What's Left of Me. This reminds me a little bit of The Host, only a more interesting version because I never managed to finish that book. I want to read this because the synopsis actually catches my attention and it does sound quite interesting (: I've been reading a whole lot of books with love triangles lately and to hear that this one doesn't have one is also quite refreshing!

What are you Waiting on this Wednesday?

22 comments:

  1. Great great picks Kim!! I am so friggin excited for Eve and Adam... I am such a huge Michael Grant fan, and I am so interested to see how this book turns out... The fact that he is writing it with his wIfe is also pretty cool!! I bet it will be awesome. And I am also excited for Kat Zhang's novel!!! It does remind me of the Host too, which I loved to death!! <3 thanks for stoppIng by My WoW hun!

    xx
    Riya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! Two fantastic picks! I actually have an ARC of What's Left of Me so I'm excited about that, and Eve and Adam looks really good. Thanks for sharing! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying to read WHAT'S LEFT OF ME, because it sounds like a unique and very interesting read. I was a bit unsure about Eve & Adam when I fist saw it, but the more I'm confronted with it, the more I want to read it myself. :D

    Lovely blog - I'm a new follower.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both excellent choices and books I'm waiting on.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added them both to my wishlist, thanks.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome picks ..i have both of these on my radar. Thanks for stopping by
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I first heard of both of these from previous WoW posts. Don't they both sound amazing?!? Great picks!

    Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my WoW post. Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. These both sound really tempting, especially Eve & Adam...thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these books are on my list. Great picks! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both books sounds really awesome! Whats Left of Me cover looks like Emma Stone? Eve and Adam sounds thrilling! Great picks!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel the exact same way about WLOM, it sounds like a more likeable version of The Host (The Host was a DNF for me, I wasn't a fan at all). Great picks, thanks for sharing :) And thanks for following, followed you back!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these! Yes! I am waiting on these too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these are on my don't miss list. Great picks. Beautiful covers! My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH! I've been dying to read these too. I think they both have such unique premises. I hope you enjoy them! Here's my wow.

    -Allie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, so I am totally in love with that first cover. The second one is nice too, but that Eve & Adam one is really something. Awesome choices!

    Oh, and thanks for dropping by, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love both of these covers! I'm currently fascinated w/ Grant's Gone series so I can't wait to get my hands on this one! >.<
    My WOW; http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-shadow-and-bone.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. These books sound amazing! I haven't heard of them before now so thank-you for sharing.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    Sharon @ Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  18. you've picked two books I'm hoping to get my hands on ASAP. <3 I love the covers and summary. can't WAIT for them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My gosh, yes! I am practically dying to get to these books. Both sound amazing! And both don't come out until towards the end of the year :(

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great picks!
    Really dying to read Eve and Adam. ^_^

    Janus @ The Blair Book Project

    ReplyDelete
  21. both of these sound amazing! I especially love the cover for Eve and Adam - it's so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for following my blog Kim! I can't wait to read What's Left of Me, I'm counting down the days till its release!

    I'm now following back, love your blog, it's so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I really appreciate every single one of them and try my best to reply to them all (: