Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Reading Speed Test



I did this reading test and I got 374 WPM making me 50% faster than the national average. I was pretty surprised as I've always thought of myself as quite a slow reader. Among book readers though, this is still pretty slow. haha. I know most other book bloggers who do this will get much much higher than me.

At this speed I could read the following books in this amount of time,

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (4 hours and 29 minutes)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling (3 hours and 26 minutes)
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum (1 hour and 45 minutes)
Lord Of the Flies by William Golding (2 hours and 40 minutes)
To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee (4 hours and 25 minutes)
The Lord Of The Rings
by J.R.R. Tolkien (21 hours and 20 minutes)
The Bible (36 hours and 40  minutes)

4 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool! Well, I personally think speed is not that important. Being able to comprehend what you read is more essential. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree. The piece of writing given to read on that test is pretty simple. I'm sure I probably read much slower while I'm reading a good book . Lol

      Delete
  2. I was surprised to find myself to be 0% faster. I didn't know I read that slow. But this is awesome! Thanks for sharing. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NP! There really is nothing wrong with reading slow. It just takes SO long to get through my giant pile of books to-read so I try to keep my pace up enough so I can absorb everything I'm reading while making good progress (: haha.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I really appreciate every single one of them and try my best to reply to them all (: