Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Introduction

Hey there! My name's Kim and I'm a seventeen year old girl from New Zealand.

I've only recently started to get back into reading. When I was younger reading was my obsession. All I ever wanted for birthdays and Christmas was books. For some reason when I started high school my love for reading sort of went away and I only ever really read about 4 books a year.
Then came the whole Hunger Games craze... yup... that's what got me started. haha. I decided to see what all the fuss was about, read the trilogy in a few days, fell in love and remembered how much I loved reading a good book! I made a goodreads account and started compiling a list of books I wanted to read, starting off mainly with books that sounded similar to The Hunger Games. Before I got back into reading I was more into Romance and Chick-Lit type of books. It's interesting now that the majority of the books on my list to read are Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Dystopian and Paranormal. Those genres used to not appeal to me at all and now I get all giddy and excited when I get a chance to read one of the books from them! I really can't believe I stopped reading for so long because now I'm all crazy about books! 

I created this book to connect more with other readers and just to talk a bit about the books I've been reading.

13 comments:

  1. Just stopping by to return the follow favour and welcome you to the blogging community :)
    Enjoy your stay and books )

    Lauren at Northern Plunder

    (edit: also I recommend turning the captcha off because it helps encourage people to comment x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! I didn't realise it was on! :O Thanks for pointing that out. I hate it when the captcha is on! lol.

      Delete
    2. No worries at all, I had no idea mine was on and someone pointed it out to me and I died because I turned it off when I first made the blog. I guess its something that is worth checking is turned off every now and then.

      Delete
  2. Welcome Kim! Thanks for stopping by my blog (:

    I've followed back, you have such a pretty theme and good content, you're bound to get plenty of followers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shan! I could say the same about your blog (;

      Delete
  3. Soo this is kind of crazy, but The Hunger Games trilogy is exactly what got me back into reading as well! I started my blog because I wanted to tell people about books that I loved. I'm also from NZ haha. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so awesome! haha. Seriously. I hadn't read a good book in so long I sort of got over it. Then I read The Hunger Games and was like AMAZEBALLS :O It's so great to find someone who is also from New Zealand. There are some things that are much easier to relate with when the person lives in the same country (:

      Delete
    2. Same actually. I went through reading stages where I lived on reading books, then one day I would just stop until the next time I went through it again. It was a weird cycle. The last time was a couple of years ago when I was at uni and wasn't enjoying it or life. That must be the start of the pattern.

      That is so true. I love finding other Book Review Bloggers from NZ. Granted, I haven't found many at all.

      I absolutely love your layout by the way! Did you create yourself?

      Delete
    3. Same actually. I went through reading stages where I lived on reading books, then one day I would just stop until the next time I went through it again. It was a weird cycle. The last time was a couple of years ago when I was at uni and wasn't enjoying it or life. That must be the start of the pattern.

      That is so true. I love finding other Book Review Bloggers from NZ. Granted, I haven't found many at all.

      I absolutely love your layout by the way! Did you create yourself?

      Delete
    4. The header came from a pre-made texture (I have some resources listed on the bookmarks page). I was supposed to put more time into it to make it from scratch but I got a bit lazy and told myself I would make a new one later... That hasn't happened yet and I'm not exactly sure when it will... hopefully sometime soon. haha.

      Delete
    5. Ohh cool! Well it's really pretty anyway :)

      Delete
  4. I love reading bloggers first posts =) Welcome back to the wonderful world of reading and I hope you find many, many, MANY more amazing stories along the way! One of my favourite dystopians this year was Marie Lu's Legend. I'd highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oooh I've been planning on reading that for a while too! I've got soooooo many popular books to catch up on so I don't know when I'll get around to it. Hopefully soon. The school holidays are coming so I could use that time to read it :D

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I really appreciate every single one of them and try my best to reply to them all (: